The Hoppings!!

Sunday 22 June 2014

Hey guys, so yesterday I went out to a funfair in Newcastle (uk) and each year on the last week of June this funfair always comes into town and it’s called the hoppings, it’s held in Newcastle at the town Moore and every year for as long as I can remember it’s been there. When I was little I used to go every year until the prices for the rides went up and you had to pay about £5 per a ride. Until yesterday. Yesterday was the first day it was open and my cousin asked me if I’d go with her so I decided why the hell not, I had nothing better to do and I was bored.
(not sure what ride that is but it's a bit like the one i went on just not as intense) 

So I grabbed £20 and we got a lift up. It was so fun this funfair had over 300 rides or so I had heard on the radio in the car and I was so excited to go since the last time I went was when I was 8! I’m now almost 16 so it was a good 7 years ago (I hope my maths is right.)Anyway as we walked through the gates and on to the grass I was instantly surrounded by the loud music playing from the rides, the screams, and the smell of the food (mainly the smell of doughnuts, burgers and chips.) it was incredible. At this point I was shaking with excitement and I was ready to jump on the nearest ride possible.


The first ride was incredible we decided first to head for the walzer (one of my all time favourite fun fair rides) and whilst waiting around we sat and took selfies and had the usual laugh and messing around to the music blasting through the ride, making it impossible to hear each other. This ride honestly was so fun, obviously all it is is spinning but because it was so fast it was making it hard for us to keep or heads up making us laugh. Walking off the ride it was a huge mistake going on that first as we could hardly walk straight and with the bumpy ground it had us wobbling all over the place.


We then headed further down trying to shake off the dizziness we encountered at the walzer and in search for a more extreme ride. This didn’t actually work we ended up going on a ride called the crazy mouse. This was just a typical small rollercoaster that went around the track but spun and literally chucked you at each corner you went around. It was pretty mental.

 (crazy mouse it's pretty weird but it was really funny and i'm realising a theme with these rides they all involve spinning) 

The second last ride I’m going to talk about is this ride called Tagada and this ride was basically the worst but best ride I’ve ever been on as it was funny as it spins around and it bounces (I’m rubbish at description) but you’re not strapped in you just sit on the seats and since there wasn’t many people on there you slid right across the seats and some people even fell off! I also did come off injured as it’s set in a circle there is two entrances/ exits and I was sitting near the edge of the seat, when the ride bounced my hand slipped off what I was holding onto and I slid across the seat and into the metal bars at the end of the seat injuring my shoulder which is now badly bruised and is causing me a bit of pain, but stupid us we went on again and I then got slammed into the same bars again and I hurt my thigh but it was all worth it to hang out with my cousin and have a laugh.



In the end we finished off with one final ride that had me petrified it was called atmosfear. And as the name suggest it was pretty scary, it was a bit like an eagles claw but your facing outwards instead of towards the middle, it still swings but goes upside down and hangs you there for a couple of seconds and after a minute or so on the ride the seats are released and start tilting forward and back, it was terrifying but I didn’t feel any butterflies or uneasy feelings I was pretty much numb with adrenalin and it was incredible.



Yesterday was one of the best nights I’ve had in a while and it was nice to go out with my cousin and talk and have a laugh with her since I don’t get to see her often. Despite the massive bruises all over and the back of my head still sore now I had a great night it was worth spending £15 for 6 rides it wasn’t bad. It made me so excited to be able to go back to the place where I went when I was younger after not going for years and hopefully I’ll get to go again next year as well.

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric