Sunday Thoughts #5

Sunday 14 September 2014


So I thought today I’d do a chatty post as a lot of things have changed over the last two weeks and I thought I’d explain a bit on why I haven’t been posting as frequently.

So to start with I started college last week on the 2nd and compared to my usual school routine it’s changed quite drastically. When I was in high school I used to have about half an hour free before I had to leave the house, which gave me time to do anything, needed or start blog posts. It also takes me an hour to travel there. I have to get a lift to the metro station and then get the metro then walk for 10 minutes to get to the college.

Also I now finish at different days each day like Mondays and Fridays I finish at 2:35pm but on Tuesdays and Thursdays I finish at 4:40pm and then Wednesdays 3pm so it’s quite mixed and either way I don’t get home until around 6ish but by the time I do basic things such as removing makeup, showering, eating it’s about 7-8pmish and it’s tiring.

So it’s harder for me to take photos needed for a blog post and find time to actually post because when I get home I’m ready for bed I’m so tired. I know there are weekends to do stuff for my blogs but sometimes I have to do homework. (Right now I’m meant to be doing English lit homework and catch up on the work I missed on Thursday and I’m meant to be doing some presentation for media, which I still haven’t even started.)

But even though my frequent posts have sort of stopped I am still going to try and post when I can which will most likely be a Saturday and I’ll probably be able to keep these Sunday thoughts up and maybe Monday posts too it just depends if I can find time to do it.

Anyway so apart from the time management problem I’m having at the moment college is actually great, I love the building and I love the fact there is a costa inside the building which most of my money has been spent on (oops) but yeah I’ve met some amazing people being here and I feel like I’ve opened up more and have became much more confident than I used to be. I mean I’m still quite hesitant about talking out in front of an entire class or a large group of people, but I’m fine talking to individuals or two or three people. All the teachers are very friendly and so are the students.

I often have regrets going to the college because of how much it’s costing for travel and food, but I kind of don’t regret it because compared to if I stayed at my old school to do the sixth form there I probably wouldn’t have gained the confidence I have now.

My advice for if your choosing what to do between staying at say your old school for sixth form or going to a sixth form college or even just college I’d say go out of your comfort zone and try something new. I was so nervous for my first day because I left a lot of people behind and went somewhere where I knew no one, I was alone, but basically what I learned was you are all in the same boat, a lot of people will have no one with them or maybe they do but they have no one they know in your classes. There’s this massive probability that they’re just as scared and nervous as you are, worrying that you’re not going to make friends and spend the rest of the day by themselves, but honestly you will have to talk to people and it will be the completely fine.

You just need to get out of your confident zone a little bit, it is hard to do that and not everyone will want to but you won’t regret going out of it, but you might regret not getting out of it.

I remember the day before I went to college and I was so nervous and I kept panicking over what would happen I was panicking over not making friends, being alone and getting lost I was scared I’d be late and stuff like that. But in the end I kind of went for it and I had to do some of those ice breaker activities and those are awkward as hell and they’re uncomfortable but this is going to be my third week and it has surprisingly took little time for everyone to come out of their shells and be who they are. And that is my favourite thing about being at this college we can wear what we want, we have free time there, can go off campus when we don’t have lessons, do anything with our hair and you can be who you are and no one judges you for that, you actually find who you are and it’s great.

I hope you enjoyed this chatty post but if you guys have gone back to school, sixth form or college do you guys enjoy it?

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric