Fear

Saturday 3 May 2014


What is fear?  Fear is anything that stops you from doing something that you want to do. It’s something that you want to do so badly but something is stopping you, is it because of a certain person? Is it because you're scared of how many people are going to a thing with your friends? Or is it nothing to do with people is it heights that’s stopping you from doing what you love like skydiving or bungee jumping? Or is it something completely different? I could go on all day about things stopping you from doing something whether it’s to do with people or something else.

I'm one of those people who sticks to what I like and know, I don't venture very much and as I'm getting closer and closer to finishing school I'm realising that I'm going to have to change to have a good life, but today I realised that fear is controlling my life, it’s like a physical wall it’s stopping me from doing the things I want to do. My friends are out doing so many amazing things and I'm just sitting at home sitting on my laptop and listening to music, I don't want this…

This year I've decided that I want to change because I want to do more things, I'm finishing school it’s time for a new change and I've decided to be spontaneous. It’s so easy to pass up something for any reason, but you need to make the most of your life, you could pass up something huge which could have made you life better than it is now and could have changed things so much!

I know it’s easier said than done but you literally need to just ignore the signals telling you not to do something and just do it anyway. It’s usually the things that we are most afraid of that will be the things best for us. It doesn't have to be something huge just make one spontaneous decision and you might just make yourself happier, whether it’s saying yes to go out for the night, whether it’s applying for college or university. If your friend asks you to go out but you're worried about the people going, just write the message and send it, you might regret it at first but trust me once it comes to going out you'll be so much happier and you will realise how much fun you'll have and you'll regret the thought of not going.

I have made a lot of spontaneous decisions like applying for college, I literally did all I could not to apply and every time I picked the pen up my hands started shaking like mad, I couldn't fill out the form. In the end I forced my friend to fill out my form for me giving her all the needed information and in the end I just handed my mum the letter and ran off regretting what I did. For weeks I sat thinking it was a terrible Idea and I regretted it because I was scared. I later got my letter back and I got the interview and I continued to regret it. in the end I got my interview and I don't regret it I'm so happy because I now have a place in college, I just need the grades and now I think about how stupid I was not wanting to fill it in.

It takes courage to do these things, but just remember that you will always think about the worst scenario right, but I can reassure you that nothing will ever be as bad as you think! Everything will be much better, you'll realise how fun it will be and how much better your life will be. You'll be doing all the things you want, you'll achieve much more and you will have fun doing it, you will be so much more happier because you will finally be doing the things you want to do and you can literally tell fear where to go, fear won't control you, you will control fear. Quoting After Earth ‘Fear is a choice’ it doesn't control you, you just need to find some form of courage or anything and make that spontaneous decision that you would never usually do and it will surprise you just how much things can change because of it.


Don't let fear control your life, it’s your life do what you want, don't listen to what people say about it, if it makes you happy do it, it’s your choice not theirs…
Emma

P.s i'm now on Blogloving if you'd like to follow me on there here's the link :) :  <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12209077/?claim=6k6mcvmer4k">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric