Six Form, College, University or Work?

Saturday 12 April 2014


So it’s that time of year where a lot of people are revising and about to do their exams in a few weeks including me, and the one thing I'm constantly being asked is what are your plans after you finish school? And in honesty I'm still not sure I don't know what kind of job I want. Do I want to be a journalist? A writer? Photographer? I have no idea and a lot of you are probably the same. Your probably being asked the exact same questions and you're being pressured in answering this question but in  you're just hoping to pass your final exams first and all I want to say is it’s ok not to know, there’s a lot of opportunities out there and it’s quite overwhelming.

You have so many opportunities do you go to six form? College? University? Or do you go straight out there and get an apprenticeships or a job? It’s confusing but all I’m going to say is do what’s best for you. If you're not ready to finish school go to a college or a six form and that gives you plenty of time to figure out what kind of job you want to do whilst widening your education variety.

I still don't know what I want to do after I finish and that’s about two months away. The only thing I have decided is that  I'm going to go to six form and I’m going to take English Language, English Literature and Photography (i'm still debating about photography) because English is my best subject and photography is a hobby that I want to learn about. Plus you never know it may just be something that I could get into after I finish school. I honestly don't know but I say it’s ok not to know we're still young and there’s plenty of time to figure it all out.

So don’t stress about something that’s still quite a while away, plus the more you think about it the more you’ll get worked up over it and that won't help you figure it out, there will be a day where you’ll figure out what you want to do but until that day comes just try to stay calm and focus on your exams and finishing school,

Emma



No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric